Do TRV's connect to home wifi or directly to the smart thermostat?

Options

Hi all sorry for the newbie question, have tried to find an answer but have been unable to.

So my question is, do the TRVs connect to your home wifi, and connect via that TO the smart thermostat, or do they connect wirelessly to the smart thermostat itself and do not use your home wifi?

Reason for the question is that we have a large home with wide footprint and thick walls and i have issues currently with wifi devices reaching my router, and if the TRVs have to connect to the smart thermostat directly then I suspect it won't work, whereas if they connect to home wifi and the smart thermostat is also connected to home wifi then it will work fine.

Thanks for the assistance.

Answers

• sndp
    Options
    The TRVs all connect to the internet bridge that you connect via Ethernet to your router.

Any devices you add to the Tado system will communicate with the bridge and the bridge will communicate with the other devices.

If your TRVs aren’t able to communicate then you can connecting a longer Ethernet cable and placing the bridge in a different location - also try facing the unit vertically upright, the docs say it provides better signal.

Or use a power line adapter to place it in a more central location of the house.
  • Thanks for the info, very helpful, cheers.