Ficticious heating times

Options

Anyone else got an issue with the app showing heating happening when the boiler isn't even on? I have an old boiler and it's on or off. There is no reduced heat or heat power levels or anything else. Tado thinks it has done 2 hours heating today. It's done maybe 2 minutes. House was cold and stayed cold. Boost heating forced it on immediately. Returning to schedule didn't turn it off. Turning off all rooms did. To my mind that means the Tado isn't controlling the boiler properly in the clever schedule mode. It seems to start with some low power mode that doesn't turn the boiler on. Makes it impossible to calculate energy use as well.

Support however seem to think showing heating time when the boiler is off altogether is perfectly fine. They seem to think that heating after the boiler is off is heating. It isn't. I've had a Tado a long time but if they can't make an on/off system turn on and off and know when it's on or off it's never going to work right.

The system is just the Tado itself and one Tado Smart TRV on one radiator in one room which gets a lot of sun or a lot of chill so has to be regulated better than a normal basic TRV can manage. It never used to be this strange!

Comments

• srichards
    Options

No heating reported before 8 am when there was in fact lots. It appears to be wrong both ways.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds like it’s working as it should. It’s using weather compensation to calculate how much the house will warm before turning on your heating. Similarly the house will continue to warm once the radiators are emitting heat but the boiler is off.