No power on wireless receiver

Options
I wanted to test our central heating today, only to discover that the wireless receiver next to our combo boiler has no power. No lights at all. The app shows it was last connected on 20 July - when there was a general power cut in the street. ( We were away at the time and on return forgot to check it because I suffered a serious leg injury that requires surgery/recuperation. ) The boiler has power from the same circuit and the hot water works fine. Any idea on how I can fix the Tado receiver?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you checked the wiring? Maybe a loose connection?
  • GaryE
    Options
    Yes first thing I tried. Circuit tester shows it’s live - just no lights on the receiver. And of course there’s no other on/off switch, just the 10-second reset process which doesn’t do anything. Stumped!
  • davidlyall
    Options
    You should have a master power switch for your heating system. Normally beside the programmer location
    Alternatively, there may be a dedicated heating system circuit breaker in your fusebox

Either way they're must be a way to isolate power for boiler maintenance and that power should also power the wireless receiver
  • GaryE
    Options
    Thanks yes it’s on and the receiver has a live connection.
  • GaryE
    Options
    Well, Tado support ran through some checks with me and have concluded that the receiver can’t be fixed remotely. So will be replaced under the 24-month warranty. Thanks everyone for your help.