Temperature offset not shown in app

Options
stooby
stooby
edited September 2022 in General Questions & Topics

I have a number of offsets on my smart valves to compensate for the actual room temperature compared to the sensed temperature. It varies between half and two degrees. However, I have noticed recently that the temperature display in the app shows the factory temperature not the offset temperature. When you go back into the offset settings, it shows the offset value correctly and amends the actual temperature as you change it as expected. It just doesn’t seem to update the front panel. Further, when I ask Alexa what the temperature of a room is, it returns the factory value not the offset corrected value. This leads me to believe it is not actually working. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m sure it used to show the corrected temperature.

Comments

• stooby
    Options

** Update **

it seems the problem is with iOS on iPad (which is what I tend to use; screen size). I have checked against the web app, android, iOS and Alexa with the following results:

Lounge

Web Android iOS Alexa

Display 20.0 20.0 20.0 20.01

Offset 1 1 1

Current. 20.0. 20.0. 21.0* As shown in offset settings screen

Bedroom 1

Display 18.9 18.9 18.8 18.85 (Does iOS round differently?)

Offset 0.5 0.5 0.5

Current 18.9 18.9 19.4*

Obviously something screwy happening in the iOS app with the current temperature display when changing the offset. I’ve even noticed it tracks the temperature changes but still shows the discrepancy.

• Tiddles
    Options
    I see the same with any iOS app. However the thermostats also show the non offset temp so I don’t think offset has any bearing on the thermostat at all via iOS.

I see 19.5 via offset driven adjusted temp (-0.9)
    I see 2.4 physically via thermostat and via iOS app front page.

So only assumption is offset doesn’t work. Given the thermostat is a degree out this is terrible. It’s bad enough I get told by the app that <21 degree js cold never mind the overshoot.