Analog output different modes: a01, a02 etc…

Options
Hello. I did connect a Siemens sas61.03 servo to tado and I can get this to move. I have a 24v power supply for the servo and a 10v one for tado analog power supply. Siemens servo is contrôles with a 0/10v analog signal.

What is the meaning of the different analog options a01/a02…a015? Pid gain? . Thank you

Comments

• hobi
    Options
    After a bit of testing with a voltmeter on tado analog output I saw that a01 and a07 are modes where the output varies from 3v to about 5v with demand either 0 or 100% heating ( off or 25 degrees request). Mode a08 gives me outputs between 0 and 9.35 volts with 10v analog power supply. I did tune up my 10v to about 10.75 v and I now get the full output swing for my proportional 3 way regulation valve. I am testing now and in an ideal world the pid within tado should settle at an almost fixed value of a few volts, keeping the 3 way valve almost static. Test ongoing now!
  • hobi
    Options
    Well seems to work. More flexibility and explanations in adjusting the output levels so that the first level of heating really results in my 3 way valve to open a bit , as right now, when tado requests a little bit of heat- one sign ~ out of three ~~~ lighted , with the lowest sub setting ( seems that when you have only one ~ lighting up you may have multiple output levels like 10/20/30%, two~~ seems 40/50/70% Etc, ) , then my valve does not open. As a result there is a bit more temperature variation than what an ideal pid could do, but overall this is not too bad, and it works as it should
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Not sure if this helps you understand the analog options. Taken from Tado's documentation.

• hobi
    Options
    Thanks a lot for that table. In my documentation only a01, a07 and a08 are listed.
  • Hi, I have a simular setup. An old thermostat wired to a 3 way valve. I have 4 cables going to the thermostat:

• power cable for the clock of the thermostat (I don't think I'll need that one)
    • 0 cable for the clock of the thermostat (I don't think I'll need that one)
    • 16 volt input in to the thermostat
    • 0-16 volt output from the thermostat to the valve which will tell the valve how much it need to open/close.

From the analog wiring I see that there is A, + and - but I have no clue which wire I'll need to connect with this setup. Any help is much appreciated.

• Kinsky
    Options

Hi hobi,

may I ask you which wiring configuration you used? To which pin did you attach the 10V power supply? I need to drive a 3-speed fancoil (min speed 2V, mid 6V, max 10V). Do you think the tado might be suitable for this kind of application? I have been googling for two days, but I found very little information about tado's analog outputs.

Any help would be great!

thank you