Old Honey well wiring

Options
I have an old Honeywell thermostat but there seems to be no letters to follow what the app tell me. Any suggestions? I’ve contacted Tado but have no idea if they will ever contact me back. Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What are you trying to install? What kind of boiler do you have? If you go to the desktop version of the forum you can post pictures of the wiring.
  • Hi thanks for answering I was trying to install a wired Tado v3+ thermostat. I currently have a Honeywell t87f thermostat.

I have a Remeha avanta 28c CV ketel. I’m currently living in the Netherlands. These are the pictures that I took from this afternoon.

As you can see there aren’t any markings on the terminals so I don’t know which wire is which. I also have multiple wires so I’m not sure what goes where on the Tado Thermostat.

can you help?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I just had a look and you’re replacing a thermostat Honeywell first had on sale in 1953! I wouldn’t know where to start with that. As you’re in the Netherlands you’ll probably be doing an Opentherm installation? All you’ll need are two wires for that and to ensure that the wires are going into the Opentherm terminals on the boiler.
  • I believe I’ll be doing and open relay system. Meaning the heating just goes on and off.

Thanks for the help and if you have any other suggestions or tips please send them my way.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    My recommendation would be to go for an Opentherm connection. You’ll get more efficient heating and less wear and tear on the boiler because it won’t be cycling from off to full power. Like I said, that would need rewiring at the boiler end too.

Otherwise hopefully someone else can explain which wire is which on your current setup.