UFH - Replacing wired with wireless thermostats

Hi,

I am looking into installing Tado throughout my home. I have a combo boiler and heating is both radiators and multi zone UFH.

The radiators are straightforward (hub and radiator valves)

However, I wish to replace my wired thermostats. I have 4 zones & thermostats - through a Danfloss 088H001701 wiring centre that drives the opening and closing of the zone actuators.

The reason that I want to replace some of the wired thermostats with wireless is that they are in the wrong place and the heating does not operate as I wish as a result. For example, the thermostats are too close to towel rails - so when these are heated, the thermostat turns the UFH off when I want it on; but if I set it high to compensate, it is far too high when the towel rail is not being heated.

How do I go about doing this with Tado? How do I drive the wiring centre or actuators from wireless Tado thermostats?

Thanks

Comments

• You will need 4 wired thermostats operating in relay mode. To solve the problem with the thermostat being in the wrong location you might be able to pair a wireless temperature sensor with each wired thermostat. The wireless sensor will solely do the temperature measurement and command the wired thermostat to operate its relay. Check with customer support if this is possible for 4 zones. If you do get it working then update here as I'm sure others will be looking to do the same.

Tado do a wireless receiver, which also controls a HW cylinder, but only one can be fitted to a system.

• tigerspill
    edited September 2022

Thank you. Would you be able to suggest a wireless temperature sensor that might work? I have one VERY badly located thermostat - it is above an added radiator! If I could even solve this one I would have a big improvement in that room.

UPDATE - There is a Tado one that works with radiator valves. Not sure if it works with the wired thermostats.

• It has to be Tado's wireless temperature sensor.

If it's just the one thermostat you want to relocate then you can use the Wireless Receiver Starter Kit. Otherwise do what I suggested in my first comment. You only need one starter kit (includes the hub). Everything else should be an Add-On.