Pump Running After TRV’s Reach Set Temperature

Options
I’ve just fitted TRVs to all my radiators and I noticed that after all of them have reached their set temperature my pump continues to run for a while. Is this normal or do I need to make an adjustment or change the pump?

Thank you for any help

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It does the same on my boiler, doesn’t seem to cause any problems, but I have left one radiator fully open without a Tado trv just in case.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Completely normal. After the gas burner is switched off, the pump circulates the water to dissipate any residual heat in the boiler's heat exchanger. If the circulation stopped abruptly the residual heat stored in the metal heat exchanger would to continue to heat the water, possibly leading to kettling. Pump overrun should last 5-10 minutes.

• Mushy
    Options
    Thanks for your responses and it was about 10 mins before it went off. Makes sense now you have explained it
  • Large
    Large
    edited December 2022
    Options
    We have same issue on an oil boiler. There was no circulating pump over run before TADO system was fitted. Last night pump still running close to midnight. Heating went off at 22:00. Any ideas?
  • Mushy
    Options
    Do you have a radiator without a TRV in your system as this allows for the pump overrun?