Tado wireless controller to Worcester Greenstar 25si combi wiring

Options

Morning all

Purchased my Tado starter kit with wireless stat and wireless controller over the weekend. Fitted the stat and bridge with no issues but slightly confused with the connection between by controller and boiler.

Using the supplied cable, i have wired the brown live to the live s output of the boiler, the blue neutral to the neutral s supply of the boiler and the grey trigger wire to the boilers live return. As i understand it the black common cable is not used ?

Is the black unused and do i need to bridge any terminals to complete the connections ?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Mike

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Did you get instructions from Tado support?
  • mickpsub
    Options

Hi Johnnyp78

I have messaged them but i am a little impatient and want to get it sorted ASAP if i can.

• Lukehero
    Options
    Hi
    Did you get anything from Tado?
    I am about to install the extension kit but I can’t find clear instructions.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Tado will give you custom instructions when you do the install. Unless you know exactly what you’re doing you’re much better off getting these.
  • wateroakley
    Options

The older model of this boiler we have in a family home was straightforward to connect and wire in the wireless receiver. However, there are several models and optional controls. Best to be patient for Tado and custom instructions.

• mickpsub
    Options
    All sorted now. Not the easiest process with tech support but we got there in the end.

The connection involves bridging two terminals in the controller and the black cable remains unused.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

@mickpsub

Did you have the tado° installation instructions at the start......or did you try to "wing it" without the tado° installation instructions.

• mickpsub
    Options
    I wouldn't “wing it” with gas and electrics.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

So you had the tado° instructions at the start......were they unclear ??......I made a couple of mistakes when I installed my tado° system, and had to keep contacting tado° support to get clarification, before I managed to get the installation correct.