Just 2 smart rad valves and Tado smart stat?

Options

Looks like Tado is answer to age old battle between rad settings on kitchen, hall and living room.

Obviously these do not all need to be in comfy temperature zone during normal 7am -10pm day!

I propose Tado smart rad valves in kitchen and living room. Standard existing TRV on hall rad with Tado smart thermostat in hall and Tado receiver next to boiler. All other rads manually controlled and are usually off 95% of year. [ Gas boiler Worcester green Star installed 2012 for CH and HW on gravity fed Y plan system]

Will this work? I know an extra smart rad valve to hall would be best but just saving pennies for initial set up and upgrade would be so simple.

Thanks, Wasteheat, Nottingham, UK

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Seems like a plan. Assuming it’s a wireless thermostat, you might as well put it in the living room instead, it can give a more accurate reading than a trv. Given that you don’t need much room control, you could leave the trvs out of the living room altogether and just put one in the kitchen.
  • wasteheat
    Options
    Thanks Johnnyp, not sure that solves the problem at the moment when we (retired) come down in the morning to find hall, kitchen, living room all aiming for their 18-20 Deg C target and we may be going out or on return late pm find kitchen super toastie unnecessarily . Thought was to have hall as control zone at steady temp all day and and other 2 rooms programmable independently. If that works we will have the kit to play around with I guess?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Seems like a good idea, plus you can always add more trvs further down the line.