Heating not responding to Tado, remains permanently on.

Options

We have a Valiant EcoFit pure 425 installed in 2018. I installed a Tado Smart Thermostat, extension kit and internet bridge. It’s always worked without a hitch until we turned the heating back on last week, now the heating doesn’t respond to the smart schedule or manual intervention via the app, it stays on permanently which is not good in the current situation we all find ourselves in.

any ideas?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try pairing the extension kit to the bridge again, it may have lost connection.
  • Ballon
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I tried that before but have just done it again and everything connected but when I turned the boiler back on manually then hit the resume schedule it just carries on heating continuously.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It might be a stuck relay in the extension kit. Just to check, do you have a combi or system boiler? If it’s y or s plan the valves can get stuck there too.
  • Ballon
    Options

We have a system boiler.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Check your valves in that case, they can often get stuck in one position after not being used for a while.
  • Ballon
    Options

I've got BG coming in on Monday to service the boiler thence check the valves as well. Many thanks for your help.