disable automations in Tado app - using HomeKit only

Options

quick question.

i use apple HomeKit to control everything related to my Tado heating i do have the Tado app installed on my phone (but not installed on anyone else's phone), but everything is controlled via the home app in iOS.

how do i delete/disable any schedules or anything else the Tado app might be doing?

reason i ask is that i have a automation set up in HomeKit to set the temperature at a particular time in the morning and set it again at a time in the evening (similar to a smart schedule the Tado app), but i noticed this morning that it hadn't applied the temp change.

so needing to make sure there is nothing the Tado app itself is doing that is override the automations in HomeKit.

i don't think i have a smart schedule enabled, but the "default" one doesn't let you delete it.

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

You cannot disable the scheduling in the App, but that shouldn't be a problem when using HomeKit. Once HomeKit alters the temperature the room switches to manual control and I believe it will never automatically switch back to the App schedule. It seems to be designed that you use the Tado App or the Home App for control, but don't use both.

• Chenks76
    Options
    What would have stopped my HomeKit automation changing the temp at 8am this morning?
  • GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

Probably a glitch in Tado's servers. I turned all my rooms off in the app over the summer period, but twice I found the schedule had automatically resumed for all rooms in the app. Tech has a lot of moving parts and sometimes it will do its own thing.

• Chenks76
    Options

HomeKit automation failed to initiate again this morning.

• Chenks76
    Chenks76
    edited October 2022
    Options

third morning in a row where the homekit timed automation failed to initiate the temperature change.

should note that if i press "test this automation" then it does trigger then change, so it's not that HomeKit isn't able to communicate with the tado.

• Chenks76
    Options
    I had to completely remove the automation and re-add it for it to start working again