Gledhill Boilermate II Thermal Store, Conventional Boiler, Wired Thermostat

Options
matg
matg
edited October 2022 in General Questions & Topics

Hello,

I'm confusing myself on what I need to buy. What I think I want is some smart TRV's so when the heating is on I'm not heating every room in the house.

I have a conventional Intergas boiler (HRE 18 OV) a Gledhill BoilerMate II (not my photo) Thermal Store and a wired wall mounted Heatmiser DT, PRT as below in the hall. We use to have a standard Honeywell dial thermostat but I replaced it myself about 10 yeas ago with the Heatmiser, quite a simple wiring job.

The thermal store is always on so we have hot water and the boiler fires when required to keep it hot. We also have solar panels and a solar iboost so any excess power generated from the solar goes into the immersion to also keep the water hot which helps keeping gas use down when the sun is shining.

The heating is controlled via the Heatmiser and is set to come on if the temperature in the hall goes below 20 degress and this is set to specific times of the day like 7am-9am then 5pm-10pm.

I recently started working from home so I'm in all day in my study so when it gets cold I want the heating to come on during the day but I don't want to heat all the other rooms in the house.

With all that in mind all should I just go for Smart Radiator Thermostat V3+ Basic and add more smart TRV's or is it worth adding a wireless thermostat for more control and if so then I guess I also need the receiver and in mysetup is it a case of replacing the current Heatmiser with the receiver?

Thanks 😀