Modulation option, wireless

Options

Hello. I bought a wireless refurbished Tado V3+ thermostat last year and it performed well. However I understand that the modulation Opentherm facility, according to this discussion, has now been removed. Does this mean my Tado thermostat (Version 10.7.14.29) now performs more inefficiently than in the past?

Clarification appreciated. Thanks.

Adrian H, London

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I think you’ve misunderstood. The uk wireless receiver physically doesn’t have digital connections (including Opentherm). It’s not a software issue. Assuming you have a wireless receiver (not the older extension kit) it will be wired to the boiler in 230v relay as there’s no option to connect opentherm.

This doesn’t mean your boiler isn’t modulating internally, just that Tado can’t control the maximum flow temperature like it would with a digital connection.
  • AdrianHoll
    Options

Thanks for the super-quick response, Johnny. Helpful. I was actually impressed by the sensitivity of the modulation last winter and wrongly thought this modulation sensitivity might have been removed. Thanks for putting me right here.

Adrian