Rooms randomly switched off

Options
My kitchen and lounge rads are off every morning. The schedules both appear to be ok, and all other rooms are behaving as expected. I’ve tried deleting all the scheduling, and re-entering, I’ve tried copying and pasting schedules from other rooms - still happens. Anyone have any idea why?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Do you have trvs? Are they mounted properly? Are the batteries low?
  • Chrishorne
    Options
    Sorry yes - trvs on all rads. All mounted correctly. Batteries fine.

Every morning I get up and all other rooms are doing what they should be - but longe and kitchen are off. I “resume schedule” and they work fine for the day. Next morning they are off again.

The schedules for these rooms are the same as for other rooms - with slightly different timings - at no point is the schedules set to turn the rads off!
  • wandaluzt
    Options
    I'm on the app Beta and this has started happening to me. My entire schedule for all rooms is off randomly and I have to manually resume schedule. I have been waking up to a cold house because of it. It didn't happen before I was on Beta. I've got V3+ and TRVs in every room. All the equipment is fine. I was going to try support but assumed as a beta tester I'd just be told to uninstall the beta.
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chrishorne when you say the lounge and kitchen are off. I assume you mean the schedule shows they're off?

If you open up the room graph and long press on it, you should see at what time the schedule erroneously turns off. That might provide some clues as to what is happening.

Also, do you use any smart home assistants - e.g Alexa or Google?

The reason I ask this, is occasionally a voice action or routine on one of them can accidentally turn other devices off. For example, if you had a request to turn lounge lights off every night, depending on how it was said may trigger all devices associated to lounge to turn off.

Requests via a smart assistant are considered "manual control" via tado. Long pressing on the graph would show a hand symbol around the time of the request.

Just a thought ...