If Tado thermostat is set to anything other than off there is no power to the boiler

Options

Hi all

I have a Worcester Bosch 28i Junior and I purchased the Tado 3+ kit to replace the Honeywell 6100 that was there. I followed the install guide and have checked the wiring and from what I can see it looks to be right ( I do have Aspergers so sometimes things that are obvious fly over my head)

As per the title the HW works fine (Tado not responsible for this) but if you have the Thermostat set to anything other than off the boiler loses power completely but as soon as you put it back to off you can then run the HW right away.

I'm guessing the receiver must be sending an incorrect signal somehow but I'm at a loss to work out why.

I have attached pics of the wiring going to the 6100 what the App is telling me to do and What I've done any and all advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your original 6100 piccie appears to show a second link from permanent live to the brown NC boiler wire. That’s different to the 6100 wiring guide that I found online and different to the new Tado wiring. The symptoms you describe are consistent with the boiler losing power from the NC brown wire when Tado calls for heat. It may be as simple as linking the boiler NC brown wire to live, but you should get a competent sparkie to figure out what is going on before guessing what has been done, including at the boiler end of the wires. If in any doubt, engage a competent professional.

Answers

• @wateroakley

Nailed it the 6100 had 1 link from live to common and then from common to nc I didn't fit the 2nd link as the Tado instructions did not mention it. It's been so mild that the heating has never had to come on since the The Tado was fitted so the other day was the first time. With the 2nd link in the same position as on the 6100 everything is working as before.

Thanks for getting me to look again at the link as the possible cause of the issue tis appreciated.

• wateroakley
    Options

@MightyRaith You're welcome. It's an easy thing to overlook, especially when the original wiring is different to the install guide.