Central thermostat and valves separate and together

Options

Hi,

I have 10 smart radiator thermostats and one Central that is connected wired to CV ketel/boiler.

I have 2 questions about usage/setup since this is my first year of using it and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Questions:

1. Can I set up central smart thermostat that is connected to boiler to control other 2 radiator smart valves in the same living room? (one radiator is next to the door and other big one hidden in the floor next to windows and garden door) Central therm can measure best middle room temperature and I would like it to start heating on those 2 radiators and turn them off when temperature on it self reached desired level. Is this possible?
  2. Can one radiator smart thermostat ask to start Ketel/boiler heating trough central thermostat? (since central is the one wired connected I have seen only hi can start/stop heating, the radiator knobs only open the valve but don't send signal to boiler via OpenTerm) So unless I increase temperature on Central thermostat, it won't start heating the other rooms where radiator knob should have sent a signal.

These 2 features seems like a basic functionality but maybe i'm missing something?

Thanks up front for help.

Mirko

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Yes, set the thermostat to be the measuring device in settings > rooms and devices.

2. Do you mean can the TRVs call for heat from the boiler? If so, yes, but you need to set the zone controller, also settings > rooms and devices, for the room the trv is in to be the wired thermostat.

Answers

• mirkob
    Options

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your help.

I see for 2. that on some rooms it was set and on some not, and that i have reached max number of rooms. This will be fixed once i fix No. 1. i guess :)