Mutiple zone valves

Options

Hello. I am looking to buy a tado system. I have multiple zone valves installed current with Nest wireless thermostats connected. One of those zones will also have the TRVs on the rads.

Can i just buy 2 wireless kits and connect one to each zone valve or do i need some other kit?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tado-v3-black-edition-wireless-heating-hot-water-smart-thermostat-starter-kit/701KG?tc=YT7&ds_kid=92700055281954502&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy5maBhDdARIsAMxrkw04vcBpqjkgeUNaY1qO3SqdRzz7PLaidWesOYSEkwd9FA2aNnfcITkaAmVHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or would the wired thermostat kit be better. I can find very little information about what each kit contains in terms of the bridge that connects to the boiler. Ideally i would have one bridge that can control 2 zones.

Comments

• starconf
    Options

Hi @trickytree

The bridge in the Tado kit is the device that attaches to your internet router to provide network access, and also is the hub to allow communication between the other Tado devices. You can only have one of these per house. In the kit you have linked there is also a 'Wireless Receiver' which connects to your boiler.

The kit you need depends on how your heating is wired and what type of boiler you have. Is it a combi boiler which provides hot water 24/7 or do you have a separate hot water tank that needs to be controlled by Tado? Are your existing thermostats/heat links connected directly with wires to the zone valves?