Tado failing to heat radiators when boiler is busy making hot water

Options
laxity
laxity
edited October 2022 in General Questions & Topics

Hi All,

I recently replaced a Hive heating system with a Wireless Tado starter kit with hot water control.

The hot water control isn't wired to the Tado receiver as I discovered that there wasn't a wire for the Thermalstore hot water unit in the wall when I replaced the old Hive receiver (only the wires for central heating).

After connecting things everything seemed to be working fine with our Vaillant ecofit pure 430.

The Thermalstore hot water tank I left connected separately from Tado as it has it's own timer and switches which worked fine with the previous Hive system.

The issue I am seeing is that when the Thermalstore turns on from the timer at around 8PM-9PM to make hot water, if I try turning on my heating in just the bedroom from the Tado app the radiator does not get hot even though the Tado receiver shows a white LED for heating. The only way I can get it to work is if I select "boost all rooms" first and then it starts to work and then I can turn all the other rooms off other than the room I want to heat.

What is going wrong here? Is this a firmware bug/issue?

I presume that the Tado isn't sending the correct signal to the boiler compared to when selecting "boost all rooms"? Is there actually a different signal or is it just simply ON/OFF?

At the moment "I think" it is only happening during the period when hot water is being made by the boiler for the Thermalstore.

Also is it possible to have Tado control the Thermalstore if I was able to get an electrician or boiler engineer to feed a wire between the two? Has anyone successfully done this?

Note: I'm not using Opentherm.

Many thanks,

Richard.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @laxity
    It sounds like your installation is not correct. I suggest that you contact tado° support and discuss the issues with them.