Ariston Genus ONE: Can I re-use the connector from TA2/FLOOR to the BUS block?

Options
mstroiu
mstroiu
edited October 2022 in General Questions & Topics

Hello everyone,

Like the title says, can I re-use the already un-used connector from the TA2/FLOOR block to the BUS block required to connect the Tado wireless transmitter ?

Please see the attached image

I tried so many times to get help via de contact chat but for the last 2 days I got no answer and the chat states that usual reply takes under 2h. 🤦‍♂️

Thank you

Best Answers

• starconf
    starconf
    Answer ✓
    Options

No that is for a floor temperature sensor which you don't have so it needs to be bypassed. If you remove that link then the boiler will assume that there is a floor temperature sensor that has reached its maximum temperature and the boiler won't fire. You willl either need another connector block for the BUS connection, or use Tado in Volt Free relay mode and connect it to TA1.

• mstroiu
    mstroiu
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Now works as expected! I had to wait for the temperature to drop to see the heating system change.

Thank you

Answers

• mstroiu
    mstroiu
    edited October 2022
    Options

@starconf

I've used a new connector block for the BUS connection.

The heating light on the Tado Wireless Receiver is slowly fading in and out which means is requesting heat to the Genus ONE but I don't see any change.

I've turned off the heating manually from Genus ONE and trigger it from the Tado app but not affect.

Not sure what might be the problem? 🤔

PS: Tado support is telling me this

"I have looked into this.

Currently, this boiler is using a relay interface because TA1 and TA2 terminals are connected.

To complete this installation and to use the digital interface available on the boiler, you will need a professional installer to change it from the relay to the digital interface."

Thank you