Energy iq

Options
Energy iq is not showing in my app, i have subscribed to auto assist

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Not sure Energy IQ is working properly at the moment. For the last 2 days mine says no data, despite having months of data that was previously used for the calculations.

• Facundo
    Options
    My figures in energy IQ have changed as well in the last days. The estimates are not in sync with the numbers I getting directly from the meter. Looks like some calculations are incorrect currently.
  • JHCain
    Options

I just enabled this for the first time today, and it's WAY off. Given data for October 1 and October 18 (Meter readings) the app appears to not be able to do simple aritmetic, and is giving a value that is far lower than reality. I'd love it if my gas were going to be £89 this month, but that's off by... It's way off.

Odd.

• srichards
    Options

Mine is way off. The other problem is Care and Protect racks up heating hours when the boiler isn't even on. There's literally no way of knowing how much actual heating is being used.

If you use gas for hot water from a combi there's no way of it knowing how long you use that for so it can never be correct.

Just a straight tally of accurate heating hours would be a start.

• Yep, my figures have gone to pot.

£12 gas usages predicted from £130 last week….
  • I have the same issue, I subscribed but no app icon.

• caskai
    Options
    Tado support say its because the system came from ovo energy, i bought it privately, am not with ovo energy, i got the app from plagztore not ovo, Tado support are a joke, says 2 hours for reply, but takes over 24hrs, with no solution
  • eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

I signed up to the auto assist package a year ago, when I first installed Tado. It lapsed a few days ago and I have not renewed. I do not feel I am missing anything except some suspiciously inaccurate figures that are utterly useless and should not be charged as a cost option.

I get much better figures from my own energy supplier and three third party data suppliers (Bright, Loop, Hugo), all of whom charge nothing, yet give me a selection of detailed half hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, annual numbers from my smart meters.

The best one for data analysis/presentation is actually my own supplier - OVO - but sometimes their readings are missing or delayed, so I have backup options from the third parties.

FWIW I do think that Energy IQ has improved over the past year, but it is still not as good as actual supplier/meter consumption data and thus superfluous and a needless expense. As for the room heating analysis - hahaha! Hilarious. Boiler on for 30 minutes in the morning. Rooms "heating" for almost 24 hours.

• ERRRR..

"My app doesn't seem to show Energy IQ, could I get some help please. 

Our usual reply time

🕒 under 2 hours

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately this feature is not fully available anymore.

If you have Auto-Assist, you’ll have full access to Energy IQ.

Kind regards, 

Maryia

--------------------------

Hello, Yes I pay for Auto-Assist, and that part of the subscription is missing. 

It even is sold as part of the subscription."

• @caskai i have the same issue, got from a friend, I have asked them to unlink from OVO as I’ve never been with them. Hopefully it’s an easy issue to fix, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a painful process.
  • UPDATE - OVO removed from account. Now IQ appears.

• Deheho
    Options
    Since yesterday the 27th of October the energy iq estimate gas gone to £ 0. Something not correct with the app....
  • Sguk
    Options
    Gone wrong here too, it’s been working ok for a few months. Two days ago we upgraded the bridge, now energy iq has halved all usage. I wish!
    It’s not calculating the readings I’ve entered correctly anymore