Newly announced opentherm model for Worcester Boiler

Options

Hi all - I've seen in the latest Heat Geek video that the Wireless control now supports opentherm (if bought on the pro store of theirs - all a bit confusing). I have a Worcester Greenstar 37CDI and was hoping someone could be kind enough to let me know if i can connect it to this bus terminal, or I'd have to get down and dirty with electrical wiring? The manual doesn't seem to be too clear. My boiler also already offers a form of modulation - am I right in saying that Tado would be offering much more advanced compensation to make it more efficient? Thanks!

Comments

• canalla
    canalla
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The UK version of the Tado starter kit is relay only whereas the EU version (which I'm guessing is what is sold on the pro store) provides relay or bus control, which is what you'd want if you're hoping to use the Worcester EMS bus. I found this out the hard way after buying the UK kit for my Worcester boiler. Relay control works fine, and having done a little research is supposedly not far off the efficiency you'd get from the flame modulation that the boiler could offer as Tado does its own version of modulation by throttling the call for heat when the room temperature gets close to the set point.

In terms of accessing the EMS bus, what you've got in your image is the bit where the Comfort RF programmer would normally sit. There should be another panel that is removable that all the cabling goes into that exposes proper connection blocks. Check the manual for.your model for the screws to remove to access this. The EMS bus connector on my model is coloured orange and sits to the left of the panel.
  • ademathews
    Options
    Did you get anywhere with this? I have the exact same setup and am trying to do the same thing. I’ve gone into the panel and there’s no orange EMS block…