What am I doing wrong?

Options

Hi all, i installed a new tado v3+ in my house at the weekend together with 4 smart TRVs. I was hoping that I would be able to heat a single room on it's own but it would appear that the room radiators only come on whilst the room with the wireless thermostat (hall) also has the radiator on.

Is this right, can I not heat my lounge or home office without also heating my hall or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Check that the rooms have a zone controller set in settings. If they’re set to independent they can’t call for heat, which sounds like is what’s happening.
  • How do I do that? I've gone to settings, rooms and devices, selected a device but can't find any 'heating zone' or 'zon controller' options. What am I missing?

• luteijn
    luteijn ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    One needs to select the room/zone (in bold in rooms&devices) the device is in, not individual device, for the options to select the lead sensor and actuator for that room.

It is probably obvious once you know, but not too intuitive. The idea behind it is that everything in a room has to have the same settings for this, so you can't set it per device, unless you put the device in its own room.
  • davidlyall
    Options

Do you have an Extension Kit/Wireless Receiver in your system or only the smart thermostat and TRVs?

I've included screenshots of two of my rooms on the web interface. As you can see, the kitchen has the extension kit set as the zone controller but the landing does not. This means the kitchen can call for heat but the landing only gets heat if another room is already calling for it

For your rooms to be able to call for heat, they will need the the zone controller to either be the smart thermostat or wireless receiver/extension kit