Vaillant EcoTec Pro 30 - Wireless install

Options
Hi

I’ve just purchased the wireless v3+ starter kit and would like some pointers on installation.

I already have a Siemens RDJ100 installed that I want to remove and replace with Tado. There are lots of discussions on install that I’ve read but haven’t quite got my answer.

I believe that I should look to bridge RT24 and then wire the BUS + and - to the Tado receiver. What I’m
curious about (and granted I’ve not opened the boiler yet) is that the Siemens will be wired into Live and Neutral along with the RT24 which all go the the Siemens Receiver - This just needs to be removed without having to change any boiler config? Is my approach correct?

Having read many topics it suggests that Tado doesn’t support BUS anymore meaning my approach would be wrong. If that’s the case do I need to connect the receiver to Live and Neutral and then RT24 to the receivers COM and NO terminals?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t know what an rt24 is - is it your boiler? - but you’re right that if you have a uk wireless receiver it doesn’t have digital connections so will need to be wired relay. Usual connections for a combi are l, n, NO, Com.
  • Stu_Oz1972
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks Johnny. By RT24 I meant the 24v Relay Terminal. 👍

Can’t seem to post pics from my phone..otherwise I’d have included a pic of the wiring diagram from the boiler.

It is a UK receiver (I think as it’s not arrived yet!) and UK boiler spec.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ah, got you. You can only post pics on the forum if you use a computer (for some reason).

Assuming the Siemens isn’t wired into the the bus connections it probably will be a like for like replacement.

If you do want a wireless receiver with digital connections, tado has relented and started selling them in the uk again, but only from its installers shop (you can also use a wired thermostat instead).

https://uk.installers-shop.tado.com/products/wireless-smart-thermostat-starter-kit-v3-eu-version

https://uk.installers-shop.tado.com/products/add-on-wireless-receiver-for-combi-boilers