How to replace Honeywell thermostat with Tado wired thermostat

Options

I am currently using Honeywell T87G1006 Round On/Off - I want to replace this with Tado wire thermostat. I am stuck with the wiring to connect to Tado thermostat.

Please find the image for your reference.

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

Have you read the instructions provided by Tado?

Seems that it'll be a simple swap since it's a two wire set up. I would assume one of the wires will be live which would go to COM and the other would go to NC or NO depending on which way the Honeywell works

• Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I did go through the installation instructions however, it is not specific on what wires from current will swap to Tado and to my surprise I don’t see a live wire either in Red or Blue when tested with voltage tester. Which is my another level of confusion.
  • luteijn
    luteijn ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you do a one to one replacement, the polarity shouldn't really matter anyway, just put them on the relay on NO and COM and make sure the tado is set to work as a relay.

You might want to check if the boiler supports a different, modulating, connection; mine did, because it was replaced at some point, but no real need to replace the simpler thermostat at the time.