Wired Thermostart Starter Kit + Extra Wired Thermostat + Baxi DuoTec 24 Boiler

Options

I have replaced my 2 Danfoss WT-P thermostats with 2 wired Smart Tado Thermostats.

The tado part with the 2 thermostats and the internet bridge all work correctly.

But there is no connection to the Baxi Boiler COMBI 24 H EA. We have 2 Zones of underfloor heating controlled by the 2 thermostats.

We have followed the wiring.

I have 3 wires (Brown, Live), (Grey Neutral), and Black, THERE IS ALSO AND EARTH WIRE FOLDED UP AND UNUSED.

The Danfoss WT-P controller was wired as follows: (Brown, Live - L), (GREY NEUTRAL - N), BLACK ADDITIONAL CONDUCTER - NC. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY WITH THE BOILER

I followed the wiring recommended on the APP, BY TADO FOR THIS THERMOSTAT.

So (Brown, Live to COM), (Grey Neutral to P1), (Black to NC).

But there is NO CONNECTION - INTERACTION to the Baxi Boiler COMBI 24 H EA. It is not working with the boiler.

Support is non-existent- any ideas as to why the recommended wiring does not work with the Baxi Boiler? Otherwise will just have to return.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Have you set the thermostats as zone controllers? Under rooms in settings.

Also is your ufh hydronic or electric?
  • MF_999
    Options
    I do not understand. There is no setting for zone controllers under rooms in settings?The 2 thermostats were wired - as per the original Danfoss thermostats. Each thermostat controls a zone.
    Underfloor heating is hydronic.
    The issue is that the wiring - does not connect to the boiler.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Click on settings > rooms and devices then the name of the room. Can you see an option for zone controller there? Under heating zone.

It sounds like your thermostats are currently set as measuring devices, not to trigger the boiler.