Opentherm + Ideal Logic Max Combi Setup

Options
I have just had a new Ideal Logic Max Combi2 fitted and have installed the EU version of wireless receiver, so far all looks good. Awaiting some TRV’s so that I can make full use of the system.

Is there any recommend setting I should look at making on the boiler to be the most efficient, I have set water to 60 and heating to 55 on the boiler, not sure if Tado will respect these settings. I also have read that some people have contacted Tado to set the flow temp, does this mean that the boiler setting are over ridden by Tado?

I must add that the setup was super simple, 2 wires to connect to the Opentherm interface and that was all that was needed, also change the stat to D01

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You might find that Tado overrides both - on my ideal vogue it seems that the settings on the boiler still take priority. I still asked Tado to set the heating max flow temp to 55c to be on the safe side.

Unless you have a specific need for very hot water you can turn it down by at least 10c. Mine is set to 48, which is more than enough.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Just to add, you can now set the max flow temp yourself on digital connections. Tado appears to be listening to customers on that at least.

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/8611/release-opentherm-max-flow-temperature-setting