Better Siri Integration

Options
Hey Siri, boost heating
Hey Siri, boost heating for an hour
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I understand you can control Siri radiators … but specifically the boost feature in tado which I use a lot in the app
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    What are Siri radiators ?? 🤔
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you want to set up boost to last for a certain time in HomeKit you’ll need to create an automation, could also possibly work with a shortcut.
  • luteijn
    Options
    This is another instance of someone asking for (a particular) 'fish', instead of trying to give us (depending on our individual preferences) a trout, a goldfish, a salmon and who-knows-what kind of catch of the day, just give us the fishing-pole and let us catch our own.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    I'm a bit confused by this thread tbh
  • Robti
    Options

Agreed I can do it by asking. Siri turn heating on,Siri turn heating off and can specify a temperature but can’t add a time, so can’t ask for turn heating on at 20° for 30mins but can ask to turn heating on at 20°

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    @Robti
    Please read my replies to your issue on the other thread that you have raised this point........
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    @Robti like i said, if you want to do that, you need to create an automation
  • luteijn
    Options
    I suppose the 'suggestion' is to make the system 'just work' so one can just say out loud 'Zen, set bedroom-3 temperature to standard by 1.2; switch over to schedule delta in 45 minutes.' and have the lights blink for a momen untill the home-assistant comes back with 'Confirmed.' as you hear the thermostat relay click, and the TRVs whir as your heating system springs to life...
    Just like in those documentaries about voice controlled technology that used to be on the television in the 60s/70s/80s of the last century (you know, Star Trek, Blake's 7, Battlestar Galactica)

Personally, not a fan of voice controlled stuff in general, and especially if it is cloud-based, but probably enabling these 'home assistants' to more easily work with tado is not a bad idea..
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

My use of my Alexa in conjunction with the "very limited" tado° parameters.......makes my Central Heating "control" surprisingly effective.......I am able to do things that very many tado° users think that tado° should be able to provide straight out of the box.......and we all know that that is just a "pipedream"........and don't get me started on the features that tado° pretend work but are actually "smoke and mirrors" sales gimmicks.........imho

• andyblac
    Options

IMO this request should be aimed at Apple not Tado˚, as Tado˚ can't control how Siri works. Apple only recently added the ability to do timed control with lights (Hey Siri, turn off xxxx in 30 minutes), you should request them to add Timed Heating control as well.