Installed New Boiler and Tado smart thermostat V3 : The App shows the heating is on - but its not

Options

Recently I installed a new boiler in my home along with tado smart thermostat.

I have installed a Tado Smart Thermostat V3 in my home and also installed a new boiler in my home (Vaillant ecoFIT pro VUW 356/6-3 ) and it is connected to tado wireless controller. The controller shows the temperature but the radiators are not warm at all. But I am getting warm water from the taps.

The installation engineer for the boiler is not familiar with tado and checks if the hot water from the taps is working or not. So, I really need your suggestions.

I have also tried to remove all the paired radiator knobs and re-pair but still no use.

I would appreciate your help and suggestions

Regards,

Kiran

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think there’s a heating test button on the wireless receiver. What happens when you press it?
  • wateroakley
    Options

Assuming you have a wireless room stat and receiver … When the app calls for heat, does the ‘heating’ LED on the wireless receiver box turn ‘ON’ ? If yes, it points to a wiring issue.

• DM932187
    DM932187 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Also check the receiver is set as the zone controller for the temp sensor - it’s in the room settings under 'zone controller'. I set up one of these yesterday and found nothing happened if the temp sensor is set to independent. Could well be a quirk of my set up, but worth checking nonetheless.