Can someone help me understand what products i need?

Currently I Have 2 zones controlled by wired wall stats and a central control panel that programs times and hot water etc...

My boiler and Cylinder currently take orders from the control panel, the stats sending back to turn "on" (during a heating on period) the heating for the zone it controls when the temp drops below threshold.

I would like to replace the wall mounted stats with wireless ones (their positioning is garbage and leads to inefficiencies (Redrow new build). I would also like to replace all the rad TRV's with controlled TADO to turn the rooms on when necessary.

I have heard that the TADO TRV contact the control and switch on the heating if necessary. How does this work with the wall mounted stats, will they have to be on for individual rooms to heat up or can the rooms take heating independantly?

Apologies for the random question order but hopefully its complete and makes sense for someone to be able to help me.

Answers

• If you want to control hot water as well as heating it sounds like you’ll need to do some rewiring because Tado can’t replace three channel controllers. However that may not be the case.

Assuming everything can be wired as is, for hot water you need a wireless receiver to the boiler to control the hot water and to a zone valve. Then a wired thermostat to the other zone valve.

After that you can add whatever trvs and wireless temp sensors you want but that should be your basic set up.