Can I replace a TPOne-M with a wired thermostat?

Options
I have a new build home and it came with multi zone heating, (ground floor and first floor). Both zones are fitted with Dunfoss TPone-M thermostat by the builder. I wanted to replace them with Tado. I consulted with Tado representative via chat before the purchase and they said a wireless starter kit and a wired thermostat could help in my case to set up multizone control.

This is what they suggested:
Step one: Replace the ground floor TPone-M with the wireless receiver that came with the wireless starter kit (and link it to the bridge), stick the wireless thermostat at an appropriate location.

Step two: Get a additional wired thermostat and replace the first floor TPone-M with the wired thermostat.

Step one was straightforward and is working fine. However, step two seems to be challenging. When I tried the installation manual after pairing the wired thermostat with the app, it is showing TPone-M is a programmer and it is not replaceable with Tado. Is there any solution/workaround?

Does any one have any experience to give me some pointers in this situation?

Answers

• Sharpmango
    Options
    I have the same problem sounds like same system. But tado don't seem to provide the right information. I have same danfoss programmers installed both but they switch the whole house heating so it's removed upstairs downstairs zones.
  • Ramzez
    Ramzez
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I replaced mine with wired thermostat. There are only 2 wires you need. It’s pretty straightforward just follow tp-one b idea.