Energy IQ has suddenly dropped

Options
Hi there,

Energy IQ has been working well for us and up until yesterday was showing in line with our energy bills (submitted to improve accuracy). Yesterday however all estimate dropped considerably (ie for November all values dropped from 1000kw to around 200). Can anyone explain why? Or is there a bug currently?
As much as I would love to have consumption at such a low level, i know it is unfortunately not true.

Answers

• Knoppy
    Options
    Hi- I have exactly the same problem, just joined the forum for any solutions.
  • I have a similar issue here.

As of a few days ago, my usage line on the graph went completely flat despite the heating having very much been used.

The estimated cost is also pathetically low but that's another issue for another day.

• Gruffell
    Options
    Yep my graph looks exactly the same. We have been economising but I don’t think we are that efficient. Will see if I can contact tado support today
  • I have the exact same issue. I tried contacting support on this last week but haven't had a response. Same today so far. Hopefully they'll respond soon.

• Gundogan
    Options
    Having the exact same issue here. Energy IQ flatlining and underestimating previous usage by a lot. Happens on another Tado setup in the family as well.

The heating itself has no issues, just the energy IQ part.
  • Jimrob0
    Options
    Same issue, following here for updates.

It’s a great feature, do hopefully it’s fixed soon
  • In case anyone else has this issue, I received the following response from support so it looks like they will be fixing this:

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    I'm absolutely convinced that tado° have been trying to sort out the issues that have been raised by customers regarding the inaccuracies of this feature.......however it appears that as tado° makes an alteration to the algorithm, then it creates another problem.
    My "Estimates" have gone up and down almost daily for the last few days....all wildly inaccurate.......and really strangely.....the Usage figures for last month are also changing.....how can that be......this can only be happening because tado° is playing around within this USELESS feature.
  • MrDave
    Options

Same issue here. Let's hope its a quick fix. May be an Admin could give us a clue here?

• DM932187
    Options

Hmm, I don't even seem to have Energy IQ on my app.

I've never used it (although I do remember Tado beta testing it a while back). It sounds like it's pants, but I can't help wondering why it's not even there.

Maybe I missed it. Where is it supposed to be?

• Gruffell
    Options
    So for me, it looks like the projected estimates have returned to where they used to be. The daily usage is still flat however. Have pinged support again to check on it
  • Knoppy
    Options
    Seems to be working again now for me, might be worth checking
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

It may be reactivated.....but.......it's definitely NOT WORKING

• MrDave
    Options
    It’s less accurate than before!!! It’s telling me my estimate is £84.00, before it told me it was going to be £175. I know it’s going to be around £200. Same goes for m3. It doesn’t seem to take any notice of daily meter readings. Is there any point!!?
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    No point at all....... imho

I have now cancelled my subscription to AUTO ASSIST as this had become a total distraction.
  • Jimrob0
    Options
    Now working again for me - all good.
  • allias3g
    Options

Good day

Can anyone tell me where and when should I expect for Energy IQ to show on my account?

I was considering auto assist for some time and it was Energy IQ that convinced me for the Trial and finally to start paying for it. The trouble is I got no tile for it on my app or on web.

I tried to search all over the place and I got no answer for it.

• Valaki1234
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have fed the system with data on daily bases (reported the current value of the meter in m3), it cannot subtract 2 numbers from each other :)

Right now for me it shows that during January my consumption has been 9.69 m3, while I added the following meter readings to it:

• Dec 31: 1713
    • Jan 1: 1721
    • Jan 2: 1730

I added these data at the end of the days, therefore my consumption during January is appox 8+9=17m3

I sense there is a more deeper problem they have with this feature, it seems like the algorithm forecasting cannot properly understand the past values and even tough you provide actual data to calculate your consumption it just does not take care.

For December it shows me I had consumption of 77.98 m3, while in reality it was 184 m3. I provided all the data to the app to calculate the 184 m3 properly (a simple subtraction).

• Janiver
    Options

I have similar experience in KWH readings from Air Source Heat pump real consumption figures, consistent with my smart meter and actual bills. Seems that algorithm subtracts meter readings and divides result by approximately 2 giving a saving of nearly 100% which would be nice but is 100% wrong.

• Sguk
    Options
    We upgraded to a v3+ bridge two days ago and today all our energy iq readings show as half what they were.

I only noticed when todays heating showed as half the cost and I thought… erm no that’s not right, I wish!

It’s also changed all previous months, not sure if this is related to the bridge or if it’s that the big affects v3+ accounts