Daikin heatpump, floor heating and tado

Options

Good day everyone,

I have a daikin altherma bluevolution 6kW heat pump for several months now, next to it I have a 300 liter storage tank.

My house has 3 floors with radiators and underfloor heating.

(1) ground floor : floor heating with temperature regulator knob and a tado thermostat (no tado heating knob).

(2) 1st floor: 4 radiators, 3 of them equipped with a tado heating knob

(3) 2nd floor: 1 radiator with tado heating button.

My house was built in 2012 and has the label A.

Now I think my heat pump consumes too much power. Some days 6 kWh, but some days also 20 kWh. Given the high electricity prices, I want to see if I can make my central heating system operate more economically.

I have done the following things:

- I set the heatpump temp of 52 degrees at -5 degrees outside to 40 degrees at -5 degrees outside.

- I set the water temperature of the main zone to 40 degrees.

- I set the water temperature of the sanitary purposes to 40 degrees.

My problem is now only, I don't have a tado button on my underfloor heating, so if somewhere in my house the tado turns on my heating, my underfloor heating also gets heat.

For this reason I want to investigate whether I can also put a tado button on my underfloor heating.

I have a few questions about this.

(1) Would it be possible to replace the temperature regulator with a tado knob? The regulator is now at 40 degrees, but if my central heating cannot deliver more than 40 degrees, then I can just as well replace it for a tado one?

(2) the tado button on my underfloor heating is in a small box that heats up quickly, causing problems with heating my living room (where my thermostat is). It can therefore happen that the space of the distribution room is 22 degrees, while the thermostat in the living room measures 18 degrees...

(3) I do worry about one thing, if I put a tado on my floor heating all my heaters are controlled by tado. Is there a problem if my daikin wants to supply heat but all taps are closed due to tado?

Answers

• windhoos
    Options
    Unfortunately I cant update my post for some reason and I can't add a picture here.
    I've made a clearer picture of my floor heating devider, it can be found here https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/2162518
  • PaulDG
    Options
    Hi, did you solve your issues?

My understanding is that you don't want anything but the Daikin controller deciding when to supply heat and that you should only be using TRVs to limit room temperature, not to shut off a zone.

This is because your heat pump and emitters work most efficiently "slow and low", not responding to "we're in now, let's turn the heating on".

And if you shut off a Zone (or room), then as it's unlikely to be well insulated from the rest of the house, you're still asking the heat pump to meet the house total demand (as heat will be lost from heated rooms to unheated ones) but you've eliminated some emitters which will cause your heat pump to increase circulation temperature to achieve the required demand.

Anyway, that's just my understanding from watching Heat Geek.

How did you get on?