Replacing a wired in Honeywell CM907 to a junction box

Options
To replace a wired in Honeywell CM907:

1. Trace the wire going from the back of the Honeywell device which is on your wall to your junction box by your boiler.

2. Place your wireless transmitter by your junction box.

3. Use the app and follow the instructions for setting up a standard boiler like Valiant (it will just say you need two wires - the grey and black).

4. Remove the 2 wires from the junction box coming from the Honeywell device and wire in the black and grey wires from the TADO wireless box.

5. No need to open the boiler unless your Honeywell wall device is wired straight to it.

Comments

• Popster
    Options

Hi there - I have a similar set up - its a Honeywell CM907 (battery powered) which controls a 'Radiant" hydronic boiler. It has two wires only that connected to A and B on the Honeywell Thermostat. Is this compatible with the tado° Wired Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+. If so what letters I would attach these two wires to on the Tado. Many thanks

• Popster
    Options

Hi there current wiring diagram for the Honeywell CM907 attached - many thanks

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

@Popster yes it's compatible. A (live) to COM. B (load) to NO. The Tado installation wizard should generate the wiring instructions for you.

• Popster
    Options
    Awesome appreciate the help many thanks
  • Popster
    Options
    Hi I purchased the wired todo controller and wired as instructed. Now the heater will not turn off even though it says off on the app and on the controller. I have good connection with the bridge have reset etc. Any ideas to trouble shoot?
  • Popster
    Options
    Hi there does anyone have any further ideas here. Has anyone else experienced the same problem, the consequences is that the heater never turns off.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

@Popster when you turn the heating on and off you should be able to hear the relay clicking. It's fairly noticeable if you're in the same room. And can you post a photo of the wiring.

• Popster
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2 thanks. When I attach the taxi thermo to the wall the heating goes on and stays on. The heat never turns off. I’m wondering if I reverse thes wires??
  • Popster
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2 hopefully you can see the picture attached. Per teh query above do I just reverse the wires?
  • Popster
    Options
    Hi there - I cant hear clicking when I reconnect the thermostat to the wall plate. The only way I can turn the heater off is to remove the thermostat all together from the wall plate, otherwise the heater is on full strength all the time. Its pretty frustrating... any ideas?
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options
    Please describe your complete tado system.

Did you also buy and install a wireless receiver to get hot water control? If so, is it set as the zone controller for the thermostat?

I had a similar problem when I installed mine but it was my own fault as I installed the thermostat first and it was set so the extension kit was its zone controller but I hadn't installed the extension kit due to having to make some modifications to the wall first

If you only have the thermostat with no extension kit/ wireless receiver, then I would say it sounds like a faulty thermostat relay
  • Popster
    Options
    Hi - no David, i tried to keep it simple, I bought a wired controller so no zoning etc. It should be simple on/off based on the thermostat, but it appears that the relay is stuck in the on position. Its pretty frustrating, so could be a faulty controller, any idea of how I get that replaced. I bought it online and Im in Australia. No overly impressed with Tado at this point