manual control of hot water.

Options

When I press the hot water button on the physical tado control for my boiler the light comes on, then the boiler comes on. It turns off after about 1 minute regardless of the settings I have on my tado remote control app. The hot water control works fine from the app but I need manual control also. Can anyone help?

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@doodlebug I assume you mean you're pressing the button on top of the wireless receiver? I don't personally have this device but believe those buttons are just to test the connection, hence why it only works for 1 minute.

I assume you have a wireless thermostat, if so, then you can control the hot water from that. Press the round button and it will display the current temperature and then show the set temperature for that room. Press the round button a second time and it'll display a house and tap icon. You can then use the arrows to turn it on or off.

If you have multiple wireless thermostats, then you can only use one to control the hot water. Go into the app, Settings - Rooms & Devices, and select Hot water. This will then tell you which device is configured to allow manual control of hot water.

• MarkDim
    Options

If you have a smart home device such as Alexa, you can also control the hot water through it.

Say "Alexa turn on the hot water" - it will turn on until the next schedule change or for a time it you have a manual time set, although the time only works once per schedule - not sure why.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

+1 for Alexa........perfect 😎