@Tado. CONTROLLER WON'T SWITCH TO OFF!

Options
Hi all,
If Tado or anyone with similar experience can help me or train me, I would be very grateful.

My simple heating system functions correctly when the original Drayton controller is connected. As it did before the Tado system was fitted.
So there are no stuck relays or faulty valves, and no TVRs to consider in this discussion.
Heating and Hot water only.

The Tado controller is proving to be non repeatable, random, un predictable and un programmable or reliable.
Meaning it cannot repeat "Off" functions programmed into it. In fact it invents the "On function" for itself, and is extremely difficult to switch off via the app.

The only way to stop the boiler running is to reduce the heat setting on the boiler by hand.

I have a time block programmed to On in the morning to heat up to 16c. Starting "On" at 06:50, and "Off" at 09:00.
The time now is 18:41 and the Tado controller is forcing the boiler to run.

I set it to run "Boost Heating" command, but it won't stop heating when the "Resume schedule" command is applied in the app.

In addition to the morning block, there are two other time blocks where time is set for the remainder of the day, with heating command set to "Off". Both "Off" Time blocks set before and after the morning "On" time block.
So right now the controller is instructed by a time block, to be "Off" from 09:00 to 00:00. But it is forcing my boiler to run, even after the resume schedule function has been applied.

Re loading the app, resetting all Tado devices, and re installing the controller after re testing my heating with the original Drayton programmer makes no improvement.

These problems appear to be supported by many similar reports made by other unfortunate Tado users who are also being forced to waste expensive fuel, and emit more noxious gases than they normally would.

If someone can tell me how to make this device function the "Off" command effectively, at the temperature and time set in my time blocks, when i select "Resume schedule" and correctly and exactly Off every time, I really would be very grateful.

I like the concept of the Tado App, and I really want it to run properly. At the moment it's not working as accurately or reliably as a Drayton device from the 1980s that's not linked to a phone application.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you checked your wiring? Otherwise make sure the bridge is in range of whatever Tado device is wired to the boiler.
  • Donnyboy
    Options
    Cheers Johhny.
    Wiring is good thanks.
    The running on fault occurs in two situations.
    Increase temperature from the room thermostat.
    And.
    Room Boost.

In all other app functions the boiler switches of correctly every time.
    It's very strange.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    In that case it sounds like a faulty unit - i would contact Tado support to get a replacement.
  • Donnyboy
    Options
    Cheers Johnnyp,
    I'm seeing many users saying the same thing about not switching off when room makes temp. One guy was watching his flu guffing exhaust wilst on Holiday. Viewing through his home webcam as the the setting was at off on his phone.. There can't be that many failing units produced.
    Now. i find my hot water control has gone from the app screen.
    Tado really are poor. And that the polite description.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Using the word "poor" really is being very polite..... 😎