Heating but No Hot Water

Options

Hello, I'd very much appreciate any advice here.

I recently purchased the Tado Starter Kit V3+ Wireless Smart Thermostat (incl. programmer with Hot Water Control). I also purchased Radiator TRVs.

We have a Pumped heating system with Gravity Fed hot water system. Our previous Danfoss programmer indicated Pumped, and our plumber thinks we have a gravity-fed system. We followed the instructions for the Pumped S plan when wiring the Tado receiver. We currently have heating controlled through Tado App, which is excellent, but unfortunately, we don't have any hot water.

We contacted Tado support and were put in touch with level 2 support, who changed our interface to Gravity Fed. The Hot Water button/icon on the Tado App reappeared after disappearing. Despite the hot water light on the Tado Receiver indicating that it is on and the Tado App indicating this too, we remain to have no hot water.

I'm scratching my head over this and wondering what we must do to get this working for heating and hot water.

We used the cord that came with Tado to wire our Tado receiver when replacing the old Danfoss programmer. Could this be the reason why it's not working? Should we use the existing wires to connect the receiver? Please see attached for images of this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Answers

• There are some youtube vids on installing TADO where the hot water has been bridged or not bridged depending on the setup - im curious how you are going to throw the switch on the hot water with the grey wire - should it logically not also have access to the black wire so its switchable? (COI in germany where the wires are different colours to UK)