How to soften "graph readout"?

Options
Would you be able to advise me on how to "soften graphs".
I got living room downstairs which is on one thermostat and bedrooms upstairs on another.
The readout in living room are very smooth and seems to be keeping a temperature running with just one heat wave once it reach its desired temperature.
Bedroom on the other hand is having on/off results with 0.5 deg jumps and visiable on/off with 1 heat wave.
Is there something I could do to make it as even as possible to minimize the number of cycles?
What are the reasons for those differences?

Answers

• Folkranger
    Folkranger ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Is it that you have a temperature sensor controlling the lounge and a trv controlling the bedroom?

If so, trvs tend to hunt around the mean as they are too close to the heat source.

As soon as the radiator starts to heat up it shuts down the trv and the radiator cools and then the cycle repeats again and so on throughout the day, probably about one cycle every hour.

• allias3g
    Options
    Make sense why some differences in readouts but I got main sensor in hallway while TRV are on their own. 2 of them are keeping "the line" flat (downstairs) and other 2 are looking like mountain (upstairs).
    I understand some might be to with top floor insulation, but I dont understand why such difference in how it operates.