wireless smart thermostat V3+ with programmer - functionality

Options

I installed radiator smart thermostats in every room and connected to taco app via internet bridge - all working well.

Some weeks later i had a professional installer replace a wireless thermostat with the Tado Wireless V3+ - the receiver and thermostat connected with the bridge but i'm getting many off line events via app but they seem to comeback if TAdo app is closed the reopened. I was expecting the thermostat to control the boiler but it appears that if a radiator stat is calling for heat and the Thermostat is below the trigger point the boiler will start up! I'm wanting to leave the programming of all radiator stats alone and simply use 1 house thermostat to trigger the boiler on and off if i'm away from the house - if the boiler fires up then all radiator stats will work to their schedule.

Do i need the wired version of the V3+ to Make this work??

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like you’re after Geofencing.

• Mcibuk
    Options

Thanks for quick reply but no geofencing is not what i'm after - its remote control of House thermostat.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If I’m understanding you correctly, you need to make the rooms with trvs in independent of zone controller, so only the thermostat will call for heat. The offline events sound like the bridge is too far away from some of your Tado devices.
  • Mcibuk
    Options

Thanks for that - the bridge is approx 3m from the room thermostat and the wireless receiver is another 3.5m away - the connection is rated good in app.

When i try to make the radiator TRV's independent the room thermostat automatically becomes independent too.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you created rooms on the app? They should be the same as the physical rooms you have in your house. The thermostat should be the measuring device if it’s in a room with smart trvs.
  • Mcibuk
    Options

Yes i've put a trv in the hall and replaced the previous wireless thermostat/programmer with the V3+ which is also located in the Hall. I've renamed the thermostat room to "House TStat" to avoid it also synchronising with the TRV.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What’s the zone controller for the house tstat room? It shouldn’t be affected if you make other rooms independent.
  • Mcibuk
    Options

The zone controller for the House Tstat room is the wireless receiver. I will try making one of the other rooms independent again and see if the House Tstat is left alone.

This morning we awoke to having hot water supply but all Tado devices were offline!! Turned my phone off and on which made everything ok again. I'm starting to think the wireless Tstat was a big mistake!!

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds like it isn’t in range of the bridge.
  • Mcibuk
    Options

Its working this morning! Phew. I'm going to reroute the bridge which will put it within 3m of the wireless receiver - that will mean taking carpets up which is a pain but hopefully that will result in reliable connectivity! If that fails, i will have the original wireless thermostat (Alpha) reinstalled which was communicating with the boiler without any issues. That will give me separate control and programming of the boiler along with radiator TRV's that can be adjusted through Tado app, anywhere with internet.

Many Thanks for your replies and i appreciate your willingness to help..