Wireless Receiver - LEDs for Professional installers only?

Options

Hello,

I installed my Wireless starter kit today via the TADO app, replacing my Honeywell BDR91 attached to a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Combi boiler. All good and everything appears to be as it should be.

However .... when I look at the "Manual for Professional Installers" leaflet, there is a stage - stage 6 Configuration - that the TADO App didn't take me to. The Pro installer is instructed to press various buttons to make the Power LED glow YELLOW when using a combi boiler like mine. (Single relay, no hot water control), but all the LEDs on my wireless receiver are showing white.

Am I missing out on something here? Why do Pro Installers go through a stage that DIYers like me don't touch?

Best Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    DIYers like you should be touching it if you have a combi and it’s not set up for it. I’m assuming the Tado app probably sets it to the right mode if you tell it the right boiler model though.
  • Alzibiff
    Alzibiff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply johnnyp78

Guess it is just me not expecting the systems to be so smart and acting on the information that you rightly assumed it had been "told". I had done a lot of research in advance of setting up the TADO wireless receiver and am pleased to say that all the wires went to exactly where I was expecting them to go to when moving from the previous controller.