Boiler always on

Hi everyone,

I installed a wireless smart thermostat today with no obvious problems. Reset the boiler after the power interruption.

Set it to turn the heating and how water on which it did but when I’ve turned them down or off the boiler still seems to be on constantly.

The wireless receiver isn’t showing lights that either the CH or HW are on so I’m not sure why the boiler is fired up.

Any suggestions would be great. I’m pretty novice to this and tempted to put it back in the box

Answers

• Check your wiring. Sounds like you’ve bridged a connection so the boiler stays permanently on. You can post photos on the desktop version of the forum.
  • The wiring in the wireless receiver?
    Thanks. Will turn it off overnight and check it again in the morning. I have photos but no desktop to post it from at the moment
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

> I have photos but no desktop to post it from at the moment.

Use 'Request Desktop Site' on your mobile device.

• I purposefully left the wires a bit long in case I needed to reconnect the old Drayton controller if it didn’t work. Happy to tidy it up once it’s fully functional

• The wires that you’ve closed off with the wago clip are bridged. They need to be in separate clips, despite what Tado says.

Also not clear why you’ve wired in NC rather than NO? Was that what the instructions told you? Assuming you’ve got an s plan system it’s usual to wire hw and Ch NO. See section 4

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf