Why won't my heating work but hot water does?

Options
2»

Comments

• Aisha
    Options

Hi, @Mr_Fruitbat1 sorry, just thought of a question. When rewiring do I also change the lounge thermostat wires as @GrilledCheese2 had told me to do and which subsequently blew the fuse? Note: after the fuse blew and I'd replaced it, I reverted the wiring back to having each of the 3 wires individually isolated with wago's

• Aisha
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2, if this is the case, on the wireless Tado receiver, do I need to change the setting back to a green (y-plan) setting because its currently blue for gravity fed.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Yes, you should have the receiver configured for Y Plan. I don't think it will help with your problem though - it just means you can have CH without the need for HW to be on.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

If it was any company other than Tado, it would be worth suggesting they delete references to gravity fed.

• Aisha
    Options
    Can't tag @Mr_Fruitbat1 can someone else try for me please?
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Here you go, calling @Mr_Fruitbat1

• Aisha
    Options
    I'm on the desktop site and still can't upload pics or tag anyone!
  • Aisha
    Options

Finally! @Mr_Fruitbat1 is this ok before i turn the mains back on

?

• Mr_Fruitbat1
    edited January 2023
    Options

yep

///////////////////////

• Aisha
    Options

I hate messy looking things! If I knew how to do it I'd buy a more suitable box and rewire the lot!

• Aisha
    Options

@Mr_Fruitbat1 Thank you so much, I finally have heating after 8 very cold days.

Tado messaging has been totally useless they've not even bothered looking at a message and photos I'd sent friday.

This forum however has been amazing and I'd like to sincerely thank everybody that's tried to help me. In particular, @Mr_Fruitbat1 who eventually solved my problem, and @GrilledCheese2 you've both been amazing 👏

• royi
    Options

Aisha so glad you finally sorted out the issue and you now have heating. I agree with Montage that tado should remove all reference to gravity-fed, as this causing issues people a lot of issues. Also thank GrilledCheese2 explaining how a gravity-fed system works.

Enjoy tado and reap the benefits.

• Aisha
    Options

@royi @Mr_Fruitbat1 @GrilledCheese2

Spoke to soon!

Radiators stayed on for a bit but now my boilers back to blinking and no heat... I really am fed up now 😒