Moving from wired to wireless

Options

I’ve currently got a wired system that controls two separate zones (upstairs and downstairs) using two Tado thermostats. Hot water is controlled via the wireless extension kit connected directly to the boiler. My downstairs (wired) thermostat is in the hall and does not reflect the temperature in the lounge. So I was wondering if I can make the downstairs thermostat wireless and move it into the lounge?

I’d also like to do the same upstairs, giving me the ability to move the thermostat around the bedrooms.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Adding a wireless temperature sensor and making that the measuring device would be the easiest way to do it.
  • Smarty
    Options

All the blurb seems to say they’re used with a radiator thermostat. Can you use it in conjunction with a wired thermostat?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Yes, all Tado devices communicate with the bridge so it shouldn’t be a problem. Either create separate rooms downstairs and set the hall room temperature to low or off, or if you only want one room for all of downstairs, make the wireless temp sensor the measuring device.
  • Smarty
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I’ll try that.