New user - using Tado offline, smart thermostat and wireless receiver not communicating?

Options
Hi all,

I've just installed my new Starter Kit on a Greenstar combi.

Boiler is working OK.

Wiring is correct - I can call for heat from pressing the heat button on the receiver and the receiver going into test mode.

However, I can't manage to control the boiler from the wireless thermostat.

I've raised the temperature on the wireless thermostat above the ambient temperature, so it should be calling for heat. However, this doesn't make any difference to the wireless receiver.

The wireless thermostat is paired with the Internet bridge, which is plugged into power via USB.

HOWEVER, I am working offline. I don't have an Internet connection in my house till midweek, so I can't use the app or anything like that. All three devices are registered in the app.

I can call for heat by unwiring the wireless receiver and directly connecting the two wires but obviously that is a constant call for the heat and the house will be too hot!

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Without the internet the devices are unable to download their configuration parameters from the cloud servers. The devices have the potential to work in different modes and will need the initial download for a new device.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Try bringing the wireless thermostat closer to the bridge. However I’m not totally certain but it might be that unless a Tado device is physically linked to the boiler, it won’t operate without an Internet connection.
  • Nnnnn
    Options
    Thanks all - I have unwired the wireless receiver and put a wago across the wires going into L, COM and CH NO.

Whenever I don't need heat I'll pull a wire out of the wago! Not ideal but thankfully will get an Internet connection later this week.