Help!!!

Options
So I have purchased Tado V3+ and we have a townhouse. The boiler is a glow worm ultracom 24hxi and it has a Honeywell ST9100a Controller, which controls the hot water. I have then two thermostats on the ground floor and first floor for the heating. I thought they were wireless but they are in fact wired and go to the airing cupboard on the first floor, S plan unvented cylinder. There is an electrical box with what I can only describe as what appears to be hundreds of wires! (Not that many but it feels like it) how an earth do I get the Tado wired up so I can control my heating and hot water from Tado. If anyone knows what I can do I’d appreciate it. I am in Thanet, Kent if anyone on here fits them and can give me a price.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I’m nowhere near Kent but I can give you an idea what you need. It sounds like you have a multi zoned house with hot water cylinder. You’ll need a bridge, one wireless receiver to control hot water and one heating zone, wired to the zone valve, and a wireless temp sensor to replace one thermostat. One wired thermostat to replace the other thermostat, wired to the other zone valve. After that you can add Tado trvs to your radiators if you want.

As you said, it’s worth getting a professional in to look at the wiring.
  • Bea74
    Options
    Thanks for that, so if I have two thermostats (wired) would I need two wired thermostats to replace them? Can you have more than one. I purchased the pst after pack but that’s a wireless thermostat so will Thant be no good? Sorry for all the questions. It’s causing a little stress
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    You need the wireless starter park, which contains a wireless temp sensor to replace one of your thermostats and then an add on wired thermostat to replace the other. Don’t worry about asking questions, it’s what the forum’s here for!
  • Bea74
    Options
    Hubby said all our thermostats (two) for the heating are hard wired as is the timer for the hot water. We don’t have any single room stats. So he said the starter pack which we have has the bridge, wireless receiver and one wireless thermostat. We’ve purchased all smart trv’s
    So I’m confused, do I need to order two or three wired thermostats.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You order one, which you replace one of your existing thermostats with. The other thermostat wiring gets replaced by the wireless receiver, and then you have a wireless temp sensor which you can either put where your existing wired thermostat was, or somewhere else if you prefer.

Your set up will look like option 1, except because you have a hot water tank, you need a wireless receiver and wired thermostat instead of two wired thermostats. https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3481812-how-does-tado-control-a-multi-zone-radiator-heating-system
  • Bea74
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your help And guidance. I’ll post on how it all goes next week.
  • Bea74
    Options
    So we have the heating working now but I can’t seem to get the hot water to work. No light and it’s been wired to how Tado support said it needed to be. Any further advice please?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Look at section 6. You want the light to be green. https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf

If that’s already the case, you might need to post pictures of your wiring. You can do that if you use the desktop version of the forum.
  • Bea74
    Options
    So we’ve got both heating and hot water working, yet no hot water icon on the app
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    It might be worth contacting Tado support to see why it’s not there.