Boiler isn't enabled unless a certain SRV is calling for heat.

Options

Hi, I have a Tado wireless Starter kit V3+ with 4no SRV's fitted for the last week.

the SRV are installed as follows. 2no in the lounge (same room as the thermostat), 1no in the master bedroom, 1no in the office.

When the lounge or bedroom are programmed to provide heat and the office isn't the boiler doesn't run unless I create a demand for the office then the boiler is enabled. When this happens on the app the rooms say they are 'heating' but the boiler wont come on unless I turn on the office. I have tried making the office independent but the same issue persists.

Also occasionally the heating wont come on unless the hot water is on, in this scenario once the boiler is enabled and I turn off the hot water then the boiler continues to run.

Any advice on how to resolve this?

Answers

• ielk2001
    Options

Not sure if you're having same issue we had but we had to create a virtual room on the app where the Wireless Room Thermostat is 'located'. In the schedule, we turn this room on from the earliest point we might want the boiler on to the latest point. Temperature is set to max (so as not to turn off the boiler when a SRV actually needs heat). What this does is put boiler in 'ready' state (boiler on light but not fired up) until one of the SRVs call for heat. When they do, the boiler will fire up according to the schedule in that room.

Once the end of the schedule is reached for the virtual room, the boiler will shut down completely. The Wireless Room Thermostat itself can go physically go anywhere you like. We're going to put ours in upstairs landing where there's no rads just so the app can tell us the temp.

Embarrassingly I figured this out only today after our boiler was seemingly randomly turning off and we thought we had a boiler issue. We've had Tado last 2 years!

Tado is 99.9% amazing. Would be 100% if this was made a little clearer.

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You shouldn’t have to do that. What’s the zone controller for the room, and what’s the measuring device. If you put the wireless temp sensor in a room with no rads, you’ll find the room with rads getting very hot.

@TomOliver sounds like a wiring issue.