Tado Wireless Starterkit with Salus Command Center

Options
SchwarzM
SchwarzM
edited January 2023 in General Questions & Topics

Hi guys!

Recently I've hit a wall when I've bought the Starter Kit V3+ Wireless for my UFH system among two other Smart Wireless Sensors.

My configuration stands this way:

Boiler: Bosch Condens 2200W

6 Zone wiring center: Salus KL-06 with a PL07 module to control the pump

6 x Actuators: Salus T30NC230

I've connected all the actuators to the Salus KL06 wiring center and also the pump.

My question: if there is a way to connect all these together and do zoning or only the wired version would help me achieve that? Also on the other hand, how do the wiring as the Tado support is not really helping.

Lots of thanks in advance!

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

You need 6 wired thermostats, one for each actuator. For the wiring you need to run two core cable from each thermostat to the wiring centre. COM on the thermostat is wired to Live, and NO on the thermostat is wired to S/L. Personally, I would run 3 core cable between each thermostat and the wiring centre. This will future proof your installation if you choose to replace Tado at a later date.

• SchwarzM
    Options

Hi @GrilledCheese2 ,

Thanks for the reply! Makes sense.

Those 6 actuators are spreading across 3 zones. As I've managed to figure out and Tado support told me was to wire 3 wireless receivers if I want to control all the 3 zones using smart wireless sensors.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If you're happy to have only 3 thermostats you can link the actuators. You wire the first thermostat to actuator 1 and then use a short wire to link S/L on actuator 1 to S/L on actuator 2. And then repeat the linking of the S/L terminals for the two other thermostats.

Interesting that Tado advised to use 3 wireless receivers. The documentation says you can only have one per system, but someone else recently reported they were advised to use 2 receivers. You can also link a wireless temperature sensor to a wired thermostat. The wired thermostats are mounted next to the UFH wiring centre and the wireless temperature sensors go in your preferred location.