why does my question have to be approved?

Options

Ive just posted a 15 minus write up question - it says it has to be approved. Can a mod please have a look and give me feedback as to whether theres an issue?

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options

This also happened to me once.......I contacted tado support but didn't get a reasonable reason......my post just "disappeared".

• i may have said shall i just throw it in the bin? as its done nothing but run cold all week?

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Even so........it's possible that your post might get approved.

You should contact tado support to ask if it's something that you have said/done.

• Mudmouse
    Options

@hipponax1973 That happened to me on a couple of occasions.

To overcome this I copied the post to a word document, deleted the post and then went out of the web page, came back in and copied and pasted onto a new comment and it worked fine. Had to mess around trying to delete the post though.

• sadly the post isn’t actually anywhere to be found to actually do that-it took a while to write too.
  • Mudmouse
    Options

@hipponax1973 not good. I had a bit of a problem trying to delete it as it came coming back each time I tried but eventually got there. Have you tried opening a second window in the community logged in on that one and looked to see if it appears?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Mudmouse

@hipponax1973 can't delete a post that is awaiting "approval" simply because it hasn't been actually posted.

@Mudmouse check to see if that original post has been saved in your "My Drafts" folder in your forum homepage......if it is then maybe you can try to repost it. If it's not been saved, then tado support is your only avenue I'm sorry to say.

• Mudmouse
    Options

@GrayDav4276 well, something funny must have happened then because every time I tried to send it, it came back awaiting approval and stayed in the "Leave a Comment" box. So then I highlighted it and did a control X and it disappeared never to come back. Then I then did a "Control V" to repaste it (after logging out and then logging back in) and it then went with no problem.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@Mudmouse

So.....has it now been posted......if so where can I read it as I'm very curious......

• GrayDav4276
    Options

I think I've confused myself with the post names.......it must be my age.....again

• Mudmouse
    Options

@GrayDav4276 if you look at the thread "Frost protection and Internet outage" you will see it there. It should be fairly explanatory.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Cheers........I'll have a browse 👍