Is my old version of the Internet bridge & thermostat compatible with v3 extension kit

Options
Good evening all,
I have one of the 1st starter kits consisting of a Internet bridge IB2853046784, wired thermostat RU2332166656 and wireless extension kit BU2178746624. I'm not sure what versions the hardware is.
I'm thinking I need to replace my extension kit as it has an intermittent fault I need to know if the new v3 extension kit will work with my old hardware.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If your devices look like those in the attached link then yes they are compatible. You can replace the Extension Kit with the Wireless Receiver without having to replace everything. If your Extension Kit is using the digital interface (not the CH & HW relays), then be sure to purchase the EU variant of the Receiver. The UK variant only supports the relay interface.

• Thanks for your help and reply, I was hoping for easy like for like swap but that never seems to happen. The terminal names on the old extension kit is labelled differently to the new wireless receiver so it's not straight forward wire swap unfortunately
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    It’s a very straightforward swap. Look at the answer on the other thread.