Tado Wired Thermostat v3+ & Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi existing programmer

Options

Hello,

Just after some advice, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi which has a built in programmer to set time periods when the system operates. I want to make things more flexible and looking to use the Wired Thermostat Kit v3+ to replace my existing honeywell thermostat which is a standard two wire low voltage that just controls the temperature, there are no TRV's involved, this will be my next step.

My question is with Tado app i will be able to set different time periods and temperature for when the boiler should fire, how then do I overide the built in programmer, it has the option to be 'on' all the time, if I select this then my thinking is that Tado will control when the boiler fires.

Is my thinking correct or is there more to it, any advice welcome.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds like you’re on the right track to me. Replace your existing thermostat with a Tado one and set the internal timer to always on.
  • Daveb222
    Options
    All sorted just to advise that Worcester boiler goes through self test after power down, one of these tests involves firing the boiler which brings on the boiler active light on. This through me at first as I thought Tado had fired it even though Tado was set not to fire boiler, bottom line wait a few minutes for boiler tests to complete before using Tado.